Employment beyond our borders!
Among the Ministry’s initiatives to enhance employment opportunities for the benefit of citizens of Trinidad and Tobago is the Commonwealth Caribbean Seasonal Agricultural Worker Programme (CCSAWP): one of the NES’ most popular and successful initiatives. This programme involves the temporary recruitment and selection of workers for varying periods, starting at six weeks to eight months throughout the year on Canadian Farms in the Provinces of Ontario and Alberta. Workers are engaged in cultivating and harvesting fruits and vegetable crops, tobacco (flue and black), flowers and ginseng, as well as greenhouse industry - nurseries and hydroponics. Practical and technical knowledge is enhanced from this foreign exposure.
Interested persons must be able to satisfy these criteria
- Be between ages 21 to 45
- Be involved or have a background in agriculture
- Possess the ability to perform strenuous work which involves considerable bending and stooping
- Possess the ability to work in extremely cold or hot conditions
- Pass the interview and screening stages in order to qualify.
- Must be able to pass security checks and medical examination.
Interested candidates should apply in response to published advertisements (print and online)
Farm Programme Support:
- Facilitate the processing of Police Certificates of Character and Medical examinations
- Facilitate the processing of work visa applications
- Assists with the processing of Canadian pension and Canadian Health Insurance applications.
- Brief of workers in preparation for travel to Canada (inclusive of customs, culture, weather, work ethic, remittances etc.)
- Assist workers at the airport in the processes with their travel to Canada.
- Consul, LLB Canada, receives workers upon arrival in Canada.
- Consul, LLB Canada, advises workers regarding the complaint procedures, inter alia
Duke Place, Level 1
50-54 Duke Street
Port of Spain
t: 299-0300 Option 2 or Ext. 2188 | 2031 or 625 - 1504